Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Anyone buy magazines from a young adult selling door to door?

I'm not talking about a high school or elementary school kid trying to raise money. It seems like several times a year the same thing happens. It just happened to me a couple of hours ago. The doorbell rings. There is a 20-something kid standing on my doorstep. I think oh great. It is the same thing every time. They have a college communications cl and are practicing their communications skills. I say "If you're selling magazines, I'm not interested." He says "It's not at all about selling magazines. Selling magazines is just a way to keep score." He keeps handing dirty laminated cards to me and is getting frustrated because I won't take any of them. Finally I say "Am I being too polite to you? I said no. I'm not going to change my mind." Finally he politely says something and leaves. I'll wait a few more months until it happens again. Anyone else have this happen to them? Anyone buy from them?

No comments:

Post a Comment